[3830] ARRL 160 K8MR Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8MR Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 07:20:14 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Ohio

Total:  QSOs = 340  Sections = 47  Countries = 1  Total Score = 32,784

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Another effort in getting accustomed to the new KX3 and to N1MM (also rather new
to me). This was much easier than my phone SS QRP effort with a 12 foot high
dipole in WCF. Still, the limits become pretty clear. Best DX was K0RF or KO7X.
Got a couple of ?'s from N9RV and N2IC, but no qsos. The list of people who did
not hear me at all is, of course, very long.

Still, I was able to do some running (I'd guess 25% of my qsos were such), and
on a couple of occasions actually beat out somebody when calling.

Life is still to short for QRP, but there are times when QRP is better than
NoRP. That's what I'm preparing for.

73  -   Jim   K8MR