[3830] CQWW CW W1NN SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1NN SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:58:51 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Ohio

  160:
   80:  111    16       51
------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I operated my station in Ohio remotely from my apartment in Tokyo.

The above includes only my 80 meter score but I also made a couple of hundred
other contacts on other bands which will be included in the log I submit.

I scrapped my plan to operate 10 Meters single band from 7J1AAI due to the poor
10 Meter propagation forecasts and because the stack switch was not working
properly.

Instead, I spent a lot of the weekend hovered over the front panel of my
TS-480, the rear end of which was sitting on the floor under my desk in Ohio
with a long connection via the Internet.  I decided to focus on the low bands
â?" mainly 80 meters - which I could operate during the daytime hours in Tokyo.
 Itâ??s very interesting to be chasing contacts on 80 and 160 while sitting in
the sunshine.  I operated pretty steadily the first day and just now and then
on Sunday.  My antenna for 80 (a 204 foot long G5RV style antenna at 40 feet)
is a lot lower than the dipole I use when I am home, so many contacts were a
struggle and quite a few European stations could not pull me through.  I was
obviously quite weak there.  The TS-480 is not a K3, but I could hear a lot
more than I could work.  However, most EU stations did not seem very strong
compared with past years.

I did spend a little time on 15 meters in the morning my time and worked about
50 JA stations using my 40 meter dipole.  I didnâ??t hear any JA on 10, so
maybe I didnâ??t miss much by not operating from 7J1AAI.

Thanks to everyone who worked hard to pull in my weak 100 watt signal.

73, Hal W1NN
Medina, Ohio via remote from Tokyo