[3830] SS SSB K3NEM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thbauer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K3NEM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:32:39 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3NEM
Operator(s): WA3AER, K3RA, ND3D, NG3O, W4PBG, K3ERF, W1TRT, K0IQE, KB3VQC
Station: K3NEM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MD

  160:    0

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This event was both a contest and training opportunity at K3NEM. 5
PVRC operators and 4 other ARCNEM members, non-contesters, participated. SS
SSB provided a good learning experience for them and also left a couple of
lessons learned in the hands of the rest of us.

Band conx. were good. 15 and 10M provided more activity than we had expected.
Our poorest performance was 40M, and we suspect the 40M segment of the fan
dipole needs attention.

The team's crowning accomplishment was making a Clean Sweep. It remains to be
seen if the contesting "bug" will grow at K3NEM; but the operators' responses
leave a more optimistic tone than not.