[3830] CQWW SSB K4LY SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4LY SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:40:47 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC

  160:   23     5       12
   80:   45    12       26
   40:  122    21       57
   20:  334    32      105
   15:  343    32      103
   10:  445    28      115
------------------------------

10 meters was surprising good especially considering the SS numbers. This was
the first time I had 3 band DXCC in a CQWW, all S+P. Was asked to participate
on Carolina DX Association 5-man team so knew I had to get the station back in
order. Used trusty old TS-850 instead of the Flex 1500- my favorite toy.  Ran
assisited to maximize score and that presented problems for me. I'm not very
familiar clicking on a band map, and on several occasions I mindlessly was
calling stations below our band limits, so I will have to somehow eliminate
those contacts from my score, but still keep them in the log so others don't
get penalized.  How do I do that?
Murphy was present.  My mic was occasionally intermittant through Saturday
evening when I finally changed to a different one.  I lost my rotator at 2 PM
local on Sunday and had to use my 40M dipole for most 10/15/20 directions after
that.  Cost me some mults.
I think this was my first real contest effort since turning 70 two years ago.
Hope I'm good for a few more.  Using real old hygain TH3 Jr, 40M dipole,
Hytower on 80M, and 160M inverted L.
Thanks for the Q's and see you in the 160 M tests.