[3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dmsthill@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:55:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: 8P
Operating Time (hrs): 4-5

   80:              Not Ap
   10:  224  575        36    48    20
Total:  224  575        36    48    20  Total Score = 59,800

First contest effort in a few years but was nice to be back in the mix even if
only for a couple hours.

The weeks leading up to the contest were hectic as I had some new 10m antennas
to install along with a new shack to get ship-shape.

The antennas worked out great. New 10m LFA yagis (2el fixed USA and 3-el fixed
EU) along with a F12 vertical dipole array fixed south were the antennas used
along with an Array Solutions Stack Match to allow for any combination of these
antennas.

This was also the first contest with the FT 950. It wasn't bad but I did miss
the 250hz filtering on the FT1kmp. A few more hours on the air with this rig
should also help.

Localised RFI problems limited power to about 200 watts - but the amp which has
been in storage for about 5 years seemed to perform 100% with about 20w drive.

First time using writelog in a long while too - had a few challenges with MMTTY
crashing and generally getting the configuration right. Various websites
provided the fixes I needed but I have to ditch the old reliable WinXP laptop
for a more powerful desktop/laptop with more memory and faster processor. Was
also using my old reliable uHam MK2R+ but having added a Station Master for
antenna and filter switching the computer simply can't seem to keep up.

Lots more work to do but hopefully the main issues are behind me and I can get
a bit more time operating without fixing stuff.

Look forward to working you sometime during the season.

73's, Dean - 8P6SH / 8P2K