[3830] NAQP CW K6VVA/5(@K6RV) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3833@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K6VVA/5(@K6RV) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 12:53:12 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K6VVA/5
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6RV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): ~4

   80:    1     1
   40:   88    33
   20:   35    17
   15:   26    12
Total:  150    63  Total Score = 9,900

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Very part-time S&P only with a K3 & (Stealth) GAP Vertical from the K6RV QTH in
Cedar Park to hand out a few Q's during my Austin Summerfest speaking
engagement trip (and the HOT-HOT-HOT Texas WX).

Interesting (the best 'PC' word I can think of) at how many folks responded to
'K6VVA' without waiting for the immediate trailing '/5' in my call, and the
many repeats for my QTH/State.  Obviously LOTS of folks were using pre-fills
during this NAQP CW.  Now, to repeat the hassles when I resume NAQP and other
contest operations without the '/5' from Kall-Eee-FONE-Eee-Ahh (CA).

MEGA TNX to Sir Donald, K6RV & his lovely XYL Lady Janet and other CTDXCC
members for their wonderful Southern Hospitality during my brief stay in
Austin.  Also a real treat to finally visit 'BOOGA HQ' - the N3BB SuperStation
and to meet Lady Diana.  TNX, Jim, for the cold 807's to help mitigate the HOT
temps there in the Austin area, and for the ride to the airport to catch the
plane back home.

As Destiny would have it, my plane takeoff was delayed an hour, so who should
stroll up as I was just sitting, waiting in the airport?  Yup, Mr. Wardster,
N0AX.  We were out-of-sync to have a decent eyeball QSO during the Summerfest
event, so this was an unexpected and 'most excellent' opportunity to do so for
a while.  Tnx, OM!

Congrats to fellow NCCC member (and former Texas Contester) Trey, N5KO, for his
big 'KB' score from the Left Coast.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust