[3830] IARU N6NC M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hlserra@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N6NC M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 21:41:41 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N6NC
Operator(s): N6NC
Station: N6NC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: San Diego CA

  160:    0     0       0       0
   80:   26     0       4       2
   40:  178     0      19       9
   20:  254     0      30      23
   15:  135     0      25      14
   10:    9     0       4       2
-------------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wanted to use a skimmer and do S&P only, so entered the M/S CW-only HP category
with just me as op. Just S&Ping (no RUNning), did 602 CW Qs from my modest SO1R
station.

(The K3's DSP and Noise Reduction really made an immense difference reducing
the noise and junk on the bands during the flare, and minimized my fatigue
considerably during that time. With my old rigs, I would probably have shot
myself under those conditions. :-0 )

Used WA7LNW's skimmer spots and sometimes my own, but there were some busted
callsigns so I was glad I listened carefully to each actual callsign.

I think this effort proved to me that a skimmer can be useful as an adjunct to
a RUN station in any contest operation, M/S or single op.

73, Larry N6NC