[3830] WPX SSB NX5M M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.nx5m@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NX5M M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 18:47:02 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KU5B, N5XJ, KJ5T, AB5K, K5RT, W5SE, K5END
Station: NX5M

Class: M/M HP
QTH: TX

   40: 1449
   20: 2193
   15: 2106

10m was not good here at all.  Was hoping to get about 1200 qsos out of it but
that was not meant to be.  Never did have any e-skip to speak of.  Most of the
qsos made in the states were scatter but those were few.  It was nice to get
the long path opening to Asia on Saturday morning but that only resulted in a
few qsos.
K5RT was here for the first time, paired with AB5K as the 20m operating team.
W5SE handled 160m duties the first night while K5END took the seat the second
night.
N5XJ did most of the 10m operating.  KJ5T had 15m duty (missed part of that
duty because he did not get out of bed Saturday morning so I am thinking about
firing him again).  KU5B did a fine job of keeping rear in chair and work 40m
for all it was worth while I (NX5M) took the 80m duty.
Only issues.......around 0530z Sunday we lost our internet feed from the server
so it took me a good half hour to figure out that problem and there was no one
available to keep the 80m station on the air.  Just as the sun was setting
Saturday evening I discovered that I had lost my northwest 80m beverage but I
was able to resolve that issue in the field.  I could not imagine having to do
80m without a northwest beverage.
I had set targets for each band and in most cases those targets were exceed or
were real close.  We only got about 55% toward our 10m target but nothing can
be done about that.  We also fell short of the 160m target but with a little
more experience I think the guys that piloted that station will improve over
time.
I still do not understand why KZ8O can constantly do what he does to people on
20m.
I was awake for 51 straight hours prior to and during the contest and that is a
first for me. Finally got a little sleep from 1500z to 1900z Sunday but right
now I feel like I am just minutes away from hitting the brick wall.
Thanks for all the q's and for those who were willing to move to other bands
for us.

73 from the NX5M team!