[3830] CQ160 SSB WB8YYY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8yyy@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB WB8YYY Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:30:53 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WB8YYY
Operator(s): WB8YYY
Station: WB8YYY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 70  State/Prov = 23  Countries = 1  Total Score = 4,152

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Insanity - 100 watts into a short vertical on 160m with SSB.  I turned on the
radio, joined in the fun.  My antenna even with rig's tuner only has about 50
kHz useful bandwidth - and that last 10 kHz is dicey.  Got on second night,
worked nearly everyone operating in this span.  Found a hole and got a brief
run, likely spotted by someone -which worked until I got crowded out.  I may
try this again next year, but anticipate I'll major on CW for top band.  But
operating voice near AM band is a real hoot, even if my score is close to zero.