[3830] ARRLDX CW VE7CC(@VE7SV) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7cc@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE7CC(@VE7SV) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 00:50:04 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7CC
Operator(s): VE7CC
Station: VE7SV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   20    16
   80:  140    45
   40:  627    99
   20:  796    99
   15:  689   101
   10:  184    57
-------------------
Total: 2456   417  Total Score = 3,072,456

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Thanks to Dale for the loan of his station.

Propagation was good on 15, 20 and 40, but the other bands left a lot to be
desired.  I had hoped for good openings to Eu on 10, but they didn't happen
from this area.  80 and 160 were certainly suffering from higher sunspots.
Unlike the RTTY contest, when 9N1II called me on 15, the AC power did not fail,
and I was able to complete a contact with him.

As others have mentioned, the some Eu pileups on 15 and 20 were very difficult
due everyone being on the same frequency, with similar signals strengths and
flutter.  When the rate dropped below 100 an hour, I just moved to a new
frequency, or even went S&P.  I did not find these pileups fun at all.  They
were very unruly.  No matter who you asked for, it didn't matter, the madness
continued.  JA pileups on the other hand were a pleasure to work with.
Everyone waited patiently when you got partial calls, which allowed you to make
contacts at twice the rate of the European pileups.

SO2R
2x K3 + Alpha 86