[3830] ARRLDX CW VA7DZ M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, eric.manning@engr.uvic.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VA7DZ M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:41:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7DZ
Operator(s): VA7DZ VE7GTU
Station: VA7DZ

Class: M/S LP
QTH: VICTORIA BC

  160:    2     0
   80:   44    15
   40:  116    43
   20:  251    57
   15:  162    50
   10:   89    31
-------------------
Total:  664   196  Total Score = 383,964

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

20 opened to Europe at 3 am local Saturday.
20 went dead to Europe at 10 am Saturday, the Wet Coast Jinx.
[the only thing that makes us envious of Easterners!]
20 opened to JA at noon local Sunday, abt 4 hrs early.
We prayed for the big opening to JA on Sunday which never came,
but 10 opened around 2 pm and all the JAs we had worked on 20 and 15
showed up so we finished on a high note. Great contest.

We used a K3, a 7-el yagi up 20m, a vertical and a 160m Windom.