[3830] RTTY WPX K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:45:24 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to all who worked me and put up with all my operator errors.

Seemed like the op. errors were more than normal for a RTTY contest and
definitely more than last year's RTTY WPX.  This year's score is indicative of
it as it is approx. a million points less than last year's.  Propagation had to
be at least as good as last year's although did not think 80/40 at the start of
the Contest were as good as at the start of last year's Contest.

Looking at the last year's QSOs by band and time shows a larger QSO start,
80/40, than last year (assuming all other things are equal).   The second
evening did see a step up in 80/40.  Forty meters was definitely better right
before the end of the Contest than on either evening.

Enjoyed the Contest as definitely learned where some improvements can be made
to my station for contest operation. Also, number of things I have to do to
increase effective operation.  Unfortunately, these lessons only seem to be
identified in an actual contest.  Yeah, you would think that over all these
years of contesting (50 years) I would be on top of the learning curve
especially RTTY contest operating.  Wrong!

Going to have to start contest diary of things to review before each contest to
help minimize op. errors.  Few things need to be done to improve the station
before the next contest.

Again, thanks to all for the QSOs in the 2012 WPX RTTY Contest.