[3830] CQ160 CW K4RO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K4RO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:48:43 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): ~20

Total:  QSOs = 1056  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 21  Total Score = 197,235

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Once again, I had intentions of only operating several hours each night,
but got sucked into the fun. Funny how contesting will do that. It's hard
to stop when people keep calling. When I'm running rate, it's "time out"
from life's worries. No time to concentrate on anything else (except maybe
the second VFO.)

Conditions were much worse than last year, especially to Europe. Did not hear
a single EU station the first night, and only a handful the second. Overall,
I worked very few 10-pointers this year. After 20 hours, I still had not
matched my 2011 score which I made in 13 hours.

The best thing that came out of this contest is that I learned to use the
second VFO with N1MM Logger's SO2V mode. It took me some time to figure out
all of the nuances, but that skill should come in handy in the future.
Worked all states except AK. Missed LB NU NWT YT.

73, Kirk K4RO       Log submitted. Confirmation #: 1294804.cq-160-cw