[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 05:28:27 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 27

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:15

  160:   7      5
   80:   0      0
   40:  11      7
   20:   0      0
Total:  18     12  Total Score = 216

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, dipole, tee vertical.  I was in the 40M QRP Fox Hunt before the
Ladder started.  I was having trouble getting through to Fox KT5E in CO and
hadn't heard the other Fox AB7R, Greg, in WA.  I am on a Fox Hunt Team and
thought I owed it to the other team members to try to make those QSOs.  Finally
got the CO Fox at 0242Z.  Listened for the WA Fox and didn't hear anything so
missed the first 15 minutes of the Ladder.  Then started and for the first
three QSOs (K0AD, W1UJ, N3ZZ) I forgot to turn the power up from 5W to 100W.
(Good ears, guys.)  Worked on 40M for eight minutes and then moved directly to
160M for the last seven minutes.  Found both bands to be very good.  Thanks for
QSOs.  Hope to work you all on 160M in the big CQ 160 CW Contest this weekend.
Hope we will have good conditions.  Last night, we had some severe
thunderstorms move through the area about two hours before the Ladder event
started and hope we will be spared such storms for the weekend.

73, John, K4BAI.