[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3833@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:06:33 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 27

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      1
   80:  13     10
   40:  18     13
   20:  13     10
Total:  47     34  Total Score = 1,598

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another SO1.5QLF night here but not as bad as some past weeks.  People seemed to
DISAPPEAR off each band more quickly tonight which was very strange.

I still don't understand the FEAR about S-P-R-E-A-D-I-N-G O-U-T and especially
going below 040 on 20 & 80m.

40m is a HORROR SHOW with all the digital C-R-A-P.  Can't we get the ARRL to
intervene/arbitrate this situation?  For years and years, the 035 to 045
segment has been for CW SPRINT, NAQP, State QSO Parties, the NS, etc., and it's
really got me p*ssed off... almost as much as the horrific, pathetic, pyschotic
crap in the HK0NA & VP6T pileups.  What a sad commentary on the degeneration of
society in general.  We have too many Psycho-Freaks in hobby now, especially
those who appears to get their jollies by plunking down big signal carriers
dead zero beat with the DX-Pedition station.  It stinks, folks, it stinks
bigtime ;-(

On the positive side, a big CONGRATS to my recent IOTA NA-065 Expedition NN7SS
station host Mr. Mork, for the giant 1,200 QRP point score in tonight's NS.
You must have had some more of the Stouffer's Lasagne for dinner tonight and
brownies with ice cream and cherry pie that got you fueled up for the race :^)
Boy did I ever chow down up at the NN7SS digs & gained about 5 pounds.

VERY conspicuously missing tonight were N6RO, N6ZFO, W0YK, K4BAI & others from
my radar and log. Is there an 'NS Lost & Found' Department we miht be able to
locate them in? Managed to nab Bro ToddSD/WD0T near the end on 40m, but not the
usual big signal.  I guessed at a home QTH with a coat hanger antenna venue :^)

Apologies to DickOR/N7XU for stepping on him once tonight.  I hate it when that
happens.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust