[3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:12:58 -0800
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jan 26

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

  160:   6      1
   80:  27     15
   40:  18     14
   20:   5      4
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  56     34  Total Score = 1,904

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee, tee vertical.  More
should have tried 20 at the beginning.  N4OGW was extremely loud, W0BH and
K0VBU were loud, and N6RO had a fair signal.  When the rate on 40 slowed, I
went back to 20 at 0322Z and worked KR7C in CO.  40M was complicated by the
pile up on HK0NA.  I bet some of our regulars were calling them too.  I wasn't
thinking too clearly and tried moving up the band only to run into a lot of
digital signals.  Should have tried going lower below the HK0NA transmit
frequency, but that didn't occur to me until Thursday.  40, 80, and 160 seemed
quiet and signals were generally good.  Ran out of QSOs on 160 and returned to
80 for one final QSO at the end.  This is a very good contest for SO2R and I
hope I can get my SO2R setup going again soon.  Thanks for all QSOs and hope to
work many of you in CQ 160 CW this weekend.  Prospective new members worked:
KR7C, K0EJ.  73, John, K4BAI.