[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N4HB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF N4HB Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:02:35 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: N4HB
Operator(s): N4HB
Station: N4HB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM17

    6:  148    48
    2:   44    16
  222:   17     9
  432:   10     8
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  219    81  Total Score = 19,926

This was my first single-op effort since relocating to the Northern Neck area of
Virginia (FM17uu). I certainly donâ??t have the station setup that I had in
Richmond, VA, but with retirement you donâ??t need to be climbing high towers
and dealing with large arrays! Hopefully, Iâ??ll be able to make some
adjustments to the antennas and add some type of capability for 1296MHz for the
June contest.

The 6-meter conditions here varied from really good to not so good, but in
general, for a January VHF contest; I thought the 6-meter band was the place to
be.  There didnâ??t seem to be a lot of activity on 2-meters and above, but with
the states north of us and even as close as the Washington, DC area battling ice
on their antennas, I wasnâ??t too surprised. I heard a number of stations
complaining about high SWR and/or the inability to rotate their antennas.