[3830] NAQP SSB N5DJR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5djr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N5DJR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 07:05:57 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N5DJR
Operator(s): N5DJR
Station: N5DJR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK

  160:    0     0
   80:   32    22
   40:   46    22
   20:   46    26
   15:   28    16
   10:   12     6
-------------------
Total:  164    92  Total Score = 15,088

Club:

Team:

Comments:

My first contest here... and for 10 hours of operating(single op), I had a ton
of fun! The bands seemed to be pretty steady for the most part. Some pile ups
towards the end. But most bands were decent enough to pounce and run during the
entire contest.

Lessons learned:

1.  Make sure you have your logging program setup for the proper 'strings'
prior to contesting.. I was working off of what my logging program was bringing
up for the contact name. So this might end up working against me in the long
run. I think I've corrected it all this morning.. (newbie eh)

2. Lock self in room during operation. Need to create a 'Ops' only zone in the
house. Tried to TX off the recliner with XYL and kids around.  Don't recommend
for contesting :)

3. Call CQ more then trying to pounce and run. Probably missed my KH6 and KL7
contacts because of this.. I heard them on QSLs but wasnt able to run CQ to
reach them.. next time!

Thanks to all for the QSLs and look forward to our next round!

Dave
N5DJR