[3830] RTTY Roundup AA4LR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AA4LR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 10:23:16 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  70  State/Prov = 20  Countries = 13  Total Score = 2,310

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft R-7000 (10m, 15m) at 4m high.
80/40m Trap Dipole (20m, 40m) at 3m high.

Equipment:
Kenwood TS-430S running 50 watts
Kenwood AT-250 auto-tuner

Comments:

The third contest from the "Micro-shack" (which is just 25 square feet of floor
space). My Elecraft K2/100 was acting up, so I had to use the TS430S -- which is
not really designed to run RTTY. So I limited the output power to 50 watts.

Not a lot of time in this one. Just got on and made a few Qs -- all search and
pounce.

R7000 was set up a month before, but it wasn't working right, so I rebuilt it.
I just got it back up in time for this contest, and it wasn't quite working
right. It seemed to work OK on 10 and 15m. By the time I got on, 10m was
closing, so only a few contacts there, and I left 15m when the sun went down.

20m worked ok, but the dipole is just too low. I need to get it higher.