[3830] NAQP CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KA3DRR(@W6SL) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:05:11 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: W6SL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10.0

  160:    0     0
   80:   89    32
   40:   62    22
   20:   64    24
   15:  100    30
   10:   28    12
-------------------
Total:  343   120  Total Score = 41,846

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Each event adds experience through practice and I enjoyed each NAQP CW minute
logging stations as Cycle 24 ascends.

We are currently working on several tower maintenance actions at SL's QTH from
tower replacement to re-wiring rotor controls to antenna refurbishment. I'm
learning more than ever before and our team effort continues to fire my passion
for RadioSport in addition ham radio, overall.

Saturday was all about the game within the game that is what can be
accomplished with the resources at hand? Surprisingly, the 80m dipole played on
15m with its harvest of 100 Qs to include 64 Qs on twenty meters. Currently, the
5L 10m and 3L 40m monobanders are locked in a southwesterly position toward HK0
however; one can log Qs off the side of a beam antenna system and accumulate
multipliers for the overall effort, as well.

I focused on my numbers pushing as much as possible to achieve above 50s on
most bands likewise logging as many multipliers. I was amazed that 80m came in
second place in terms of best band for logged Qs to include highest multiplier
count. The band went long for an hour or so after dark then went short skip
until I crossed the finish line.

On the other hand, 15m was a big hoot as I operated between hunt/log and
calling CQ eventually looking at the Q count with its triple digit number.
Also, I focused on propagation paying close attention to N1MM gray line map to
ensure I followed band openings to the best of my ability.

Overall, I learned, gained additional experience, and tested my current
RadioSport skill set against the competition. Many thanks to all those FB/KB
operators who went into the NAQP CW log and to John, W6SL for letting me
operate in the pilot's seat.

73, Scot KA3DRR

Icom 756PROiii
N1MM Contest Logger