[3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:17:01 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 13.4
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 565  Total Score = 2,361

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Debated whether to operate seriously or not because of a line noise problem that
resurfaced on Thursday and obviously had no time to get it fixed.  The problem
was first noticed about 1.5 months ago at a capacitor bank and it got a
temporary fix and no noise problems until now.  It is about 1300 feet from my
receive antennas and is about S7 (compared to S0 normally) when listening West
or Northwest.  So at times I was an alligator especially those directions.

Heard DL6FBL about 2300z and called every 30 minutes or so but did not make it
into the log unitl 0219.  Only worked 8 Europeans and 8 or so other DX
contacts.

Best hour was my first (2200z) with 95 Q's.

Score down from last year by a little bit.

Thanks to the Boring Club and also to the many plaque sponsors (unique).