[3830] TBDC W0MU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0mu@w0mu.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W0MU Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 08:20:59 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W0MU
Operator(s): W0MU
Station: W0MU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 87  Total Score = 291

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Conditions here did not sound great from a DX standpoint.  Longest Contact was
with KH7Y and PJ2T for 11 and 10 points.  The majority were 3 pointers.

1st test of my new 100ft radius 8 element circle receive array.  I am pleased
with the performance.  It was the difference maker getting what I suspect were
QRP contacts in the log.  I picked 100ft as I would like to use the array on
160, 80 and 40.  It also works ok on 20m just playing around with directions.
I would be curious to know if people called me and I did not come back or if I
was heard at all in EU.

TX antenna was a full sized Inverted V at 70 ft.  I added on to my 80m V for
this contest.  My Inv L was destroyed by a fallen limb and I never got around
to fixing it.  I worked pretty much everyone I heard.  I had lots of east
coasters cq in my face around 0000 though.  I guess they were looking EU as I
had one come back to SP0.

Elecraft K3 and KPA 500 amp 500 watts out.  I was going to run QRP but decided
to have more fun and ran with the small amp.

It was great to work lots of old friends!