[3830] SS SSB K0HC School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K0HC School Club HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:59:02 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH 3STUDENTS
Station: K0HC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 23.7
Radios: SO2R

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

This year, the Hesston College ARC Sweepstakes team included three unlicensed
aviation / air traffic control students, all YLs!  Emma, Rachel, and Cee Cee
had a great time, learned a lot, and all wanted to try another contest soon.

The final five countdown to the Sweep was PAC, VT, NL, ND, and PR, with
KH2RU/KP4 doing the honors at 23:40Z. NT, which was hard to get on CW, was easy
to find this time around. ND was really rare.

The only equipment malfunction came near the beginning with a headset
microphone cable semi-shorting out. We had to use a hand mic during a nice run
until things slowed down enough to change the headset.

It's always fun to chat a bit with the other schools. This year we put 13 in
the log : W1AF W6RFU K0VVY W8SH W5UH W0EEE W6YX W5YM W1YK W4UAL K2CC WD4EOG and
W8UM. Good job all!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and thanks for the Qs. Until next year ...

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC