[3830] SS CW N7NM SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thenewt@msn.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N7NM SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:03:32 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7NM
Operator(s): N7NM
Station: N7NM

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: WWA

Expectations weren't high when I
went to turn all the equipment on just before the start
and the fuse in my amp blew. I looked everywhere but no
backups and the xyl had the car so the entry went to low
power unlimited at that point.  However the vertical seemed
a great antenna in this contest and when VY1EI called me an hour
into it I thought I had a shot at 'em all.  I didn't really need
the spots until I got down to NL and VE4.  Found VO1HP early Sunday
and somehow he heard me thru the pileup but just as he stated sending
a W6 started pounding out a CQ in my passband and not positive we got
the contact. About an hour later finally found VE4DR for the last one
but was still bugged about NL when a few minutes later VO1MP
called me to secure it! First Sweep in 11 years trying. At that point
it became a casual effort and only worked a few more before football.
15m was the money band in this one.  Wierd prop as even the close in
ones were loud.  10m was open but no one could hear me, 40 was one huge
pileup and 80 was a noise fest.
Thanks for the Q's and CU all in the SSB version.
Doug - N7NM