[3830] CQWW SSB N3UM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N3UM SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 18:27:58 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 18.3

  160:    4     3        2
   80:   35     9       22
   40:   72    11       36
   20:  238    27       75
   15:  111    20       51
   10:  100    14       41
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My 10th year doing CQ WW SSB from this QTH with comparable gear.  This year:
lots more sunspots, BUT my BIC time was limited to 18.3 hr. vs  27.5 hr. last
year, and 25 hr. or more '04 thru '09. I was still  recovering from hernia
surgery done 3 weeks before the contest, and Sun. afternoon I went to a concert
I wanted to attend with my wife.

Even in 2/3 as many hours, I found 11 more multipliers than in 2010, most of
them on 15 and 10 m.  Made only 560 QSOs vs 773 last year, so my claimed score
this year was lower, though I did do better than in 2009 and nearly equaled my
2008 score.

With the sunspot count up so much, I made 83 QSOs in EU on 10 m. vs NONE in EU
last year.  I didn't do quite as well on the low bands this year, simply
because fatigue required me to quit and go to bed 1.5 to 2 hrs. earlier than in
recent years.

I always enjoy finding rare mults: this year HZ and ZA on 10 m.; A4, A7, and OX
on 15 m.; and BY, HZ, C5, ZD8, and RN1ANC (Antarctica) on 20 m.  Activity level
was excellent, as shown by the semi-rare EUs available: HB0, C3, and T7.