[3830] CQWW SSB K7ZSD M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zsd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7ZSD M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 01:44:01 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZS, W7ZB, KI7Y, KT7E, KR7X, K7AR, KN7K, K9JF, KE7AUB
Station: K7ZSD

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NW Oregon

  160:   20     5        6
   80:  109    18       30
   40:  369    33       85
   20:  766    37      126
   15: 1001    37      127
   10:  725    29       90
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Good friends, lots of food and drink, and band music all day and night. Was it
the 4 th of July? No, it was the CQWW 2011 at Smoke Ranch. We had a great bunch
of folks coming and going all weekend with three radios playing most of the
time. Lots of Fun.

The station had a few hiccups this year with NIMM network anomalies and a few
problems with interstation interference. We lost some Qs when the internet
service here linked by a 5 gig dish on the tower was overwhelmed with HF energy
causing our LAN to shut down. I then rebooted everything including unchecking
the network connection. It cost a few hours and some Qs but we recovered.

Thank you to K7ZS, W7ZB, KI7Y, KT7E, KR7X, K7AR, KN7K, K9JF, and KE7AUB for
making this contest one of the most memorable.  Again it is amazing how
thousands of operators get on the air and exchange 59 and zone on top of each
other, and do it mostly with a smile on their face.  What a great fraternity.
Thanks to all.

Brad K7ZSD