[3830] CQWW SSB VA3DF SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dferris1@cogeco.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA3DF SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:50:08 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    8     2        2
   80:   59     7       10
   40:   75    14       41
   20:  154    19       67
   15:  233    23       82
   10:  238    20       72
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Luvin' every minute of it!!

Never operated during or near a solar max before and had heard all these tales
of how great 10 m was - this weekend I think I got a taste and I like it - a
lot!

Had to keep revising my goals upwards as I just couldn't do anything wrong and
the mults and qsos kept coming right to the end. Ended up achieving a personal
goal when I worked DXCC in a contest - 104 countries found their way into the
log.

Found the low bands a lot better on Saturday night than Friday and actually did
better on 40 ssb than I thought I would. Got rather worried about the lack of
countries on 20 m but that all changed when 10 and 15 closed on Sunday and
everyone moved to 20. Never would have believed the amount of stations on 10
Sunday - OMG!

So anyways, as you  can tell, I enjoyed myself. I'm sure that I made my share
of mistakes and tactical errors but right now I couldn't care less. This one is
in the books and now I'm really stoked for CQWW CW!!

As usual, it's a jungle out there when you run qrp!

73,

Doug
VA3DF