[3830] CQWW SSB AA3B SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa3b.bud@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AA3B SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:12:27 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA3B
Operator(s): AA3B
Station: AA3B

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: USA
Operating Time (hrs): 36.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   44     8       22
   80:  174    18       71
   40:  221    26       90
   20:  328    33      106
   15:  617    32      119
   10: 1260    34      120
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Personal best, despite all sorts of challenges:

We lost internet for several hours on Friday evening.

We had a freak winter storm dumping 7" of heavy wet snow.  Since most of the
trees still have their leaves, there were many falling branches resulting in
power outages.  We lost power at around 1900z on Saturday and we are still on
our LP fired backup generator.  The power company has promised to restore power
by the end of the week!

All the antennas were impacted by the snow covering resulting in very high
SWR's.  I was unable to use the 3 stack for most of Saturday.  Fortunately,
Sunday was warm and the antennas all recovered nicely.

The falling trees blocked our driveway, and I had to spend some time on both
Saturday and Sunday moving fallen branches out of the way.  All told, I think I
lost about 6 hours due to the storm and cleanup.

Never give up, never surrender!