[3830] Salmon Run K7SR M2 Cnty DXped HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brianmo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run K7SR M2 Cnty DXped HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:22:11 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: K7SR
Operator(s): K7SR K7BTW W7SNH K7EDX N9ADG
Station: K7SR

Class: M2 Cnty DXped HP
QTH: Camano Island
Operating Time (hrs): all

  160:
   80:   82     112
   40:  143     174
   20:  209     703
   15:  112     285
   10:   75     122
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  621    1396     0  Mults = 113  Total Score = 596,736

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Thanks to Mike K7SR for letting us use his call. We were operating from the
northeast end of Camano Island, with one Steppir vertical, one Steppir beam,
and an 80m dipole. Rigs were a K3, Icom746Pro, and an FT897 used for 80m phone.
We were almost set up in time for the contest start, having only started about
3pm on Friday; Saturday, wind and whitecaps in Port Susan made us glad not to
be in tents. Rain on Saturday evening and into Sunday morning, even more so. It
was great hearing many of the familiar calls, and Salmon Run sure seems like the
harbinger of the upcoming contest season. We have some pictures of the event,
we'll try to get them posted. 73, see you in some of the other contests!