[3830] NA Sprint CW KU8E HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KU8E HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:22:15 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team #1

Comments:

FT-1000MP / AL811H 500 watts
135 ft long center fed zepp @ 50 ft NE/SW
40 meter inverted V E/W @ 35 ft
20 meter dipole NW/SW @ 35 ft

Wow.. I can't remember the last time I had more QSO's on 20 meters than 80
meters in a CW sprint. Put up an inverted V for 40 meters this afternoon since
the zepp is too directive on that band. That sure made it easier to work stuff
out west from here. Only heard one multiplier that I missed - K5NTT in AR on 40
meters during the last hour. Worked the KL8C on two bands and PJ6/K9VV called on
40 meters for my only DX. (Thanks Fred)  Heard/worked no VE's other than VE3. I
guess they don't like sprinting ? It was a fun as usual but I still get beat
out too much to be competitive. Guess I need to get a bigger amp some day. The
CW Sprint is still my favorite contest. CU next time.

Jeff KU8E