[3830] WAE CW GW0ETF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW GW0ETF Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:03:14 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: GW0ETF
Operator(s): GW0ETF
Station: GW0ETF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Wales

   80:   52     0    72
   40:  155    90   123
   20:  203   149   102
   15:   52    20    44
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  462   259   341  Total Score = 245,861

Part time effort due to mid summer social obligations. Great contest though,
when you run out of stations to work you can simply go round them all again
collecting QTCs, never a dull moment.

High bands very quiet on Saturday but 40 and 80 came alive during the night.
Glad I supplemented my sole 100ft doublet with a temporary quarter wave
vertical for 40m and this came in handy on 15m on Sunday when that band finally
behaved.

Score above is my estimate as I still have to enter the QTCs into N1MM - my
typing isn't up to entering them on the fly at 30+wpm yet(!) so they get
written to paper (on pdf forms which DARC used to produce but are no longer
available..)

Amazing that only *one* station actually offered QTCs (AA3B); otherwise EU
apparently have to beg for them. Still find it a little anti-social having
someone jump in with a (accepted) request for QTCs while there is a queue
waiting for a contact but it's an enjoyable way to get stressed.

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF (K3/Acom 1000)