[3830] NAQP CW N8XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N8XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 10:08:17 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN

  160:    0     0
   80:   33    17
   40:   35    24
   20:   83    40
   15:   30    18
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  183   100  Total Score = 18,300

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC/NCC #2

Comments:

Fair to great conditions - fair at the start, with 20 Metres being "in and out"
for QRP contacts.  Things picked up as the day wore on.  15 and 10 even opened
- could even make short "runs" on 15 meters with my mighty 5 watts and a wire
antenna.  40 had lots of QRN from a storm which passed through around 1600 to
1800Z.  80 was even worse for QRN, but, surprizingly, it must have been quieter
in other parts of the country because folks could often hear my pip-squeak
signal.

Meant to operate 2 or so hours longer, but forgot to set the alarm clock when
QRN was so bad around 0300Z.  I meant to watch the TV news, but fell asleep in
front of the TV and woke up about 0800Z!

Anyway, worked more multipliers than last effort, so wound up with better
claimed score!  Thanks to all who put this FB contest together!