[3830] NAQP CW KC7V M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc7vmike@q.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KC7V M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 09:03:12 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: KC7V
Operator(s): KC7V, K8IA
Station: KC7V

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: AZ

  160:   30    13
   80:  153    42
   40:  460    58
   20:  436    61
   15:   78    28
   10:    8     4
-------------------
Total: 1165   206  Total Score = 239,990

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Like everyone we really suffered through the daylight hours.  20 had decent
rates at times but lots of empty CQ's.  15 was a complete struggle and there is
no reason to even comment about 10m.

However, 40 & 80 both produced some good runs.  40 was terrific and helped make
up for the lack of QSO's on the high bands.   We did better than expected on 80m
despite summer QRN.  Thankfully there were no storms that affected us on the
receive side.

This was my first time ever using a K3.  Bob, K8IA, did a terrific job setting
up the AGC and other parameters so I plopped myself down and had fun.  With two
great receivers in the K3 it made operating SO2V a real pleasure.  Gonna have to
get me one in time.

Bob and Sandy (N7RQ) are great hosts and I thank them for letting me join them
in contests.

73
Mike KC7V
Bob K8IA