[3830] ARRL June VHF ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:22:46 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN23

    6:  256   129
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  256   129  Total Score = 33,024

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

- Kind of a casual approach this year, mandated by a bunch of other commitments
(family visiting, mowing the yard, etc).  I hate it when the real world
interferes with my play-time!

Ran QRP, unassisted, as always.  - Sure would have loved to see what the map
was showing - a lot of red much of the time I bet!  On Saturday things were
really flaky from here and the rotator got a workout.  Only had 56 QSO's when I
threw in the towel that night.  On Sunday things were more consistent and I had
some really nice runs, adding 200 QSOs in about 8 hours.  It is nice to be in a
somewhat rare grid!  I picked enough new grids to push my over-all total past
300, which I'm pleased with after less than 3 Es seasons running QRP.

I wish there was a category for non-portable QRP.  It's tough competing in the
"low power" category!  I guess I should get set up to go portable next year and
add 2 meters (if I could work anybody from here with QRP!).  But I'd still get
hammered by the multi-band QRP portables on the East Coast.  But I had a blast
and enjoyed the great conditions.

See you next month!

Station: Yaesu FT-897D running 5 watts out to an M2 5 el Yagi at 53 feet

73,
Randy, ND0C

"You don't have to be crazy to run QRP, but it helps!"