[3830] WPX CW WR3Z(@N3OC) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, barry.shapiro@cox.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WR3Z(@N3OC) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 18:16:40 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WR3Z
Operator(s): WR3Z
Station: N3OC

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MDC

  160:    0
   80:    8

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Brian N3OC for use of his station this weekend.  I wasn't quite
sure how I was going to tackle WPX CW this year since last year was only a
part-time casual effort.  Things got off to a slow start in part because of the
solar activity early on, which appears to have affected a lot of Saturday
operations.

I was about to go 'casual' again this time, but fortunately Sunday was a great
recovery which had me put in 35 hours operating.  Was happy to see 15M open
some, but my money bands were 20 and 40.  Would have done better if I could
have spent more time on 80 and grabbed more 6-pointers, but the static was too
much Friday night and after 3.5 hours sleep lost enough steam to not get in
time on 80 Saturdayt night.

Congrats to FB efforts by KD4D, NR4M, KP2M, WW1WW just to name some of the PVRC
efforts.  And CQ3A...wow!!

73,
Barry WR3Z