[3830] NewEngQP N2WN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N2WN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 04:29:06 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Grainger Co., Tn
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:      1
   40:     71       15
   20:    101       75
   15:      6
   10:
------------------------
Total:    179       90  Mults = 60  Total Score = 26,880

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Well, it wasn't 2009, but considering the lack of any meaningful openings to
here from 1land on 10 and 15, it weren't bad, eh...

K1KI was the outstanding mobile (19), followed by K1JB (5), W1VE, KX9X and K1DG
were also worked and think I'm still missing one or two others who I only caught
once.

20 was the money band. At times signals were 60 over here, the band was pretty
much open all the time to some degree. Heard some decent signals on 15, but
looked like it was either one way, or the arrays were pointed towards EU. Nada
on 10 and 80 wasn't all that great either.

Was able to have a couple decent runs on 20 SSB, spent more time on phone when
I worked out the folks on CW. Phone did have a wider variety of folks just
stopping by... Had a couple of rag chews, maybe I'll share the r/c Tiger Tank
vs Squirrel story with you, if you weren't listening. Phone had some pretty
weird stuff going down.

Comments seemed to enforce the idea that conditions were only so-so. It did
sound like a decent amount of EU action, outside of ARI. All the contests
seemed like they worked well together.

Thanks again for a fun contest, and see y'all in the 2011 TnQP!

72,
Julius
n2wn