[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3832@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 23:54:04 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 6

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): 25mins

  160:   3      2
   80:   8      5
   40:  20     13
   20:  19     12
Total:  50     32  Total Score = 1,600

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I treated Marsha/KE6BEQ to an early (and awesome) birthday dinner up in San
Jose, and then scrambled 25 miles down the back way (past Locust Peak) to
finally get home and setup about 2 minutes before Showtime at 0230 UTC.

A bit of a rocky SO1R start, and then at 0240 UTC #&^! hit the fan.  It wasn't
as messy as ZFO spilling his wine all over, but I clicked on what was supposed
to have been a remote antenna relay choice on my remote switch webpage, but
when I swapped the screen back to TR4W, pushing the F1 CQ key several times
yielded zip squat.

That's when I realized that using the separate flat panel monitor I had plugged
into the ASUS Netbook, that what I normally see at the bottom of the weenie
screen and just click on, turned out to be the Locust Special remote solenoid
mounted above the ON/OFF switch on the remote confuzer with the logger on it.
DUH!  I had I essentially done a QLF hard-power down ;-(

I lost about 5 valuable minutes restarting (via the remote solenoid culprit),
waited for WinDOZE XP to go through it's stuff, and then clicked madly through
sub-directories to finally get tonight's NS .cfg file loaded in TR4W.

Almost chucked it all in, but decided to forge ahead again and miraculously
ended up with 50 Q's in spite of the lost time.  Mults were down, however, so
N6ZFO gets to do another victory dance this week :^)  Once Bill and I both get
up some more antennas, we will give KenCA/N6RO a run for his money, although
it's tough to compete with the Radio Oakley 4-Square on 160m!

Sorry to have missed K0AV (who I just saw in Visalia and have known for about
45 years - an ex-SF Bay Area boy).  Mr. Wardster/N0AX also did a good job of
hiding from me tonight.  John/K4BAI was I think  the strongest ever heard out
hear in a long time - nice to have a slam dunk Q for a change!

CONGRATS to Ty for demonstrating a second time that the Locust X-Prize 3,000
point bar was NOT out of reach. I wont' raise it to 3,500 points yet, but am
pretty sure the next NS Ladder will have a 3,300 point price tag assigned to
the LXP.  NOTE TO NO3M:  Your NCJ Subscription has been ordered!

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The (QLF) Locust