[3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 20:20:40 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: SchoolMixed LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   40:   65     15
   20:  117    184
   15:    1      0
   10:
--------------------
Total:  183    199  CW Mults = 60  Ph Mults = 51  Total Score = 125,430

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

I'm usually in Nebraska running the Nebraska QSO Party from the mobile during
the FQP, but this year I stayed in Kansas with the intention of enjoying the
complete 20 hours.  We had 50+ mph winds most of the day Friday, and I noticed
one of the wire antennas was down, but it was fixed with an hour to spare.  As
I set up the radios, I tried to point the beam towards Florida and nothing
moved. A quick check of the rotor cable showed wire number 8 broken (all worked
fine the day before), so most of Saturday turned into aerial fun instead.  At
least it was a nice sunny day with lighter winds.

To make a long story short, the rotor once again turns towards Florida. After
that, it was a really fun time chasing mobiles around the state and chatting
with stations on SSB.  When I was in high school, I worked in Florida for a
couple of summers and ran into several ops who lived near where I worked.  We
also have family in Clermont and Sarasota.

Overall, I missed only two counties: Jefferson and Union.  Special thanks to
N3AWS/m on SSB who kept coming back to my run frequency with one new county
after another!

Thanks to all the hard-working sponsors, Floridians and their mobile guests who
make this such an enjoyable yearly event!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC