[3830] WPX SSB ST2AR(S53R) SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ST2AR(S53R) SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:18:27 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ST2AR
Operator(s): S53R
Station: ST2AR

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Khartoum

  160:    0
   80:    6
   15: 2486

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

The conditions in past months certainly promised one good of a WPX and I sure
hoped to better my last yearâ??s score. Well, proved to be wishful thinking. I
was having problems with the intermittent RX path in the good old IC746PRO for
a while, but itâ??s difficult to fix it here. What is even more difficult is to
get a new radio in. So I hoped the problem would go away miraculously for the
contest :) - well it did not! The problem really became obvious during the late
afternoon/evening openings to US, when the band goes quiet and signals are
rather weak, yet the QSOs keep on coming for hours. It is rather frustrating
when the RX level goes up and down several times within a matter of seconds and
makes it difficult to pull out a complete call-sign or exchange. My humble
apologies to all for repeated â??call againâ?? and â??number againâ?? requests.
 Must have sounded silly! I never complain about Murphy, broken equipment,
etcâ?¦ but this time I really feel itâ??s a pity I did not have an extra radio
to â??plugâ?? in! It would have made a whole lot of difference.