[3830] WPX SSB PY2SEX SO(A)SB10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB PY2SEX SO(A)SB10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:28:50 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: PY2SEX
Operator(s): PY2SEX
Station: PY2SEX

Class: SO(A)SB10 LP
QTH: Campinas
Operating Time (hrs): 24:19

   10: 1162

Club: Rio DX Group

Comments:

Wasn't good but entertaining as always....
One day before the contest I had a little chat with my neighbor and after some
Ferrite cores spread over her
home the issue gone. The problem is with the Phone and Internet cable.
Everytime I tx the internet and phone
stop to work. Her PC's Speaker still receiving my voice and CW but she said
that is not the major issue. I think She just wanna know when I'm txing to see
if the issue is because of me. Now what category to chose? I decided for Single
band since my 80m band completely sux and on WPX, low bands sums more than high
ones. My antenna do a good Job on 10m and 15m and I like to be busy on radio, I
don't like stay calling and calling and nothing happening, so I chose 15m and
put as goal a 2000+ QSO and 800 PFXS, but I've got surprised with a really bad
response to my calls and I started to think what to do and enjoy some DXs
around, I was tempt to go to 10m but til the morning I kept my thoughts on 15m.
After wake up and try some QSOs on 15m and keeping yelling to be heard I changed
my mind and moved to 10m, too late!!! I've lost a lot of mults from Asia past
night.
I began the contest on 10m and Win-test didn't show what was a new mult, so I
sent an email to the [win-test]'s list and N6TV gave me a HUGE help to resolve
it, then I could keep my log for other band's contact as well as control the
10m needs.
The China stations were loud here but just some of them could hear me like B7P
and BD4QH, but B5B was booming over here and nothing. So comparing both bands,
15m was better to Pacific and Asia.
ARRL was a million times better, I don't know if the propagation helped or
because there are less stations on the air, my rates were terribles then I kept
chasing DXs during the night forgetting the contest completelly.To summary the
weekend, I had a quick visit from Murphy with a short power outage and I need
to be more focused when chose a single band effort. I started on 10m at 12:37pm
(GMT) on Saturday and that score was all I've got. Some QRN and a lot of
SPLATTERs left my weekend bored, but the new DXs kept me woke up until late
like old times. Btw, DX Cluster stole the way to chase DX, at least 50% of
chasing, it gone with DX Cluster's creation. Another thing that I could realize
this time that I kept a separate screen with DX Cluster running with filters by
Country and band, was that I wasn't spotted as others Brazilian stations, I
don't know if it have to do with the reception, my call sign or is just the way
it is. Thanks to all that spotted me as well as all in my log. Also thank you
Soni (PY1NX) for keep me motivated to be on radio and in the contest, To Bob
(N6TV) for his quick reply to my issue using the win-test software and all
Jokes heard because my Call sign, I really love that. As soon as possible I
will put all evaluation of my Contest activities on some webpage to be
accessible to everyone.
As always, my logs already uploaded to LoTW and Clublog.
The other band QSOs are in the log and will be sent as well.

Sorry About my English...

See you at next one...

************************* CQMM DX CONTEST 2011 ***************************
**                                                                      **
**             From 1500Z, Apr 16 to 2359Z, Apr 17, 2011                **
**    More Information on http://www.powerline.com.br/cwjf/ingles.php   **

PY2SEX, Alex
py2sex@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/py2sex
http://www.clublog.org/logsearch/PY2SEX

Radio: YAESU FT-950
Ant. 7el. Tri-band (10X15X20). (3el. to 10m, 2el. to 15m and 2 el. to 20m)
Logging Software: Win-test