[3830] WPX SSB VC6X(@VE6JY) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6jy@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VC6X(@VE6JY) M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:44:55 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VC6X
Operator(s): VE5MX  VE6BF  VA6MA  VE6TR  VA6AM  VE6RC  VE6JY
Station: VE6JY

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Ab

  160:    7
   20: 2059
   15: 2115

Finally some decent conditions at our usually solar challenged latitude. In
addition to 20 and 15m being open at the usual times, 15m was nicely open to
Europe just after Saturday midnite for several hours. 80 and 40 did not play
out as well as hoped and 10m had activity but not of any real runnable
quantity.

Our first M/2 effort in this one and my predictions of 5K q's and 15 meg (just
comfortably over the VE record) were easily met. Thanks to Bill VE6BF for
getting the VC6X callsign and being part of the team. QSL requests also go thru
VE6BF.

We plan to be active in WPX CW with VC6X as well.

73 Don
VE6JY