[3830] WPX SSB KT4ZB SO(A)AB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT4ZB SO(A)AB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:09:14 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH: Savannah

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

My strategy for this contest was to have fun, then more fun and then more fun.
How else can you plan for a contest that pits everyone in the world against
each other with such a wide range of equipment, antennas and power?  Low power
guys (and gals) have to be nimble and quick.   That said â?" WOW!  My ears are
still ringing...15m was Hot.  I have never worked Japan, PRC, Taiwan,
Indonesia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines  all
in the same contest... 100 watts or not.

The low bands just didn't give much.  East coast storms made 80 noisy and there
wasn't any interest it seemed for running stateside for mults or points.  40M
was no place for low power and my 100w seemed extra puny.  Almost never worked
PJ2T, yet easy into Australia.  40M to Eu was unavailable until the second
night.  20M was really good on Saturday, but dragged on Sunday.  Could not get
anybody stateside to play until late Sunday afternoon; my stateside prefix
count has to be minimal.  15M was absolutely incredible and everyone will have
their favorite stories.  Working the Philippines during a contest was a first
for the station.  10M was very good; but, no Eu except for SV and EA.  10M was
definitely better during ARRL DX.

Station worked great all weekend and might have added a few more except for
having to shutdown for a lighting storm late Sunday afternoon.  WPX is probably
my favorite contest and the score is a best for this station.  Thanks to
everyone for the contacts and working to get my exchange.  Lots of QRM and I
know there will be busted contacts.  Also, thanks to CQ and the contest
committee for all their work.

Best â?" Jere

FT 1000mp Field, TH6-DXX, dipoles in the trees and N1MM.