[3830] Rus DX W1WBB SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX W1WBB SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:59:58 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

   80:   18              15         0
   40:   95              36        11
   20:  154              47        25
   15:   66              36        17
   10:    3               1         0
Total:  336     0       135        53  Total Score = 377,128

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Condx could have been better...appears solar indices were lowest Saturday for
about the last 30 days.  15m WAS open but very little on 10m, though I missed
prime early afternoon hrs with other activities.  Low bands were very noisy
with storm QRN and numbers suffered there...first time in a long while no 160m
QSOs for me in a contest.

Good news is I increased my claimed score by 100,000 pts from last year with
about 2 less hours of op time.  Also, worked to better insure other station had
my callsign correct before EVER sending my exchange to lessen the odd penalty of
RU DX where one loses the QSO when the OTHER station miscopies my info into
their log.

Frustrating to not be able to work RI1ANC in AN late night on 20m but no beam
here.  Great activity on 20m in last 2 hrs with MANY 10-pt QSOs.

The numbers:

78 10-pt Q's (23%)  70 UA, 3 UA2, 5 UA9
232 5-pt Q's (69%)
14 3-pt Q's  (4%)
12 2-pt Q's  (4%)

Worked 34 unique Oblasts and 58 unique DXCC...nice finds for me were 9K, A7,
JT5, KH2 and OH0.

Rig:  Icom 737, 88' doublet up @ 50' for 10-80m (acts as EDZ on 20m to Eu),
occasional use of 135' low OCF dipole up @ 30' on 15m/20m, N1MM logger.

73,  Bill  W1WBB