[3830] NA Sprint RTTY KB4KBS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, scottstraw@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY KB4KBS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 20:21:45 -0800
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Roswell, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:45

   80:  16    15 min
   40:  13    1 hour
   20:   7    45 min
---------------------
Total:  36     Mults = 19  Total Score = 684

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I puttered around the radio most of the day in anticipation of this contest... I
knew that I had to go to dinner with the extended family to celebrate my
father-in-law's 82nd birthday, and that I'd be late getting started.
Everything was all set when we left and so when I got back at 01:15z, I was on
it very quickly.  I real enjoy RTTY, but I struggle with the SPRINT format, so
I hoped to leverage the one against the other.  I stll am not totally clear on
when you can stay on a frequency... I answer a CQ, I call CQ, then I move...
but sometimes I would see the same call hanging around and "going to the end of
the line".  I guess I need to bone up on the subtle points of the rules.

I used N1MM and the dual VFOs of my Kenwood TS-450SAT to pick places at the
opposite ends of the RTTY sub-section of each band and bounced from VFO A to
VFO B, trying to keep the required spacing from my previous QSO.

Still lots to learn!

Thanks to all who gave me a contact,

73,

Scott - KB4KBS