[3830] ARRLDX SSB KU5B(@NX5M) SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, colin@ku5b.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KU5B(@NX5M) SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 19:06:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Somerville, TX

   40:   73    53
   10:  576    91
-------------------
Total:  576    91  Total Score = 151,788

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I decided to do this Assisted so I could get my 10m DXCC totals up. Looks like I
added quite a few new ones (remember I was licenced toward the end of cycle
23).

I had amp troubles (operator error) at the start and put in a grand total of 19
minutes Friday night.

Saturday I got up to cloud-cloud lightning and ran to unhook all the antennas.
Luckily, we dodged all the storms and never got any rain, but the band sure was
noisy.

I took a whole bunch of breaks Saturday including a long lunch and a couple of
others to help NX5M clean the shack up a bit and install the new mini-fridge!

Saturday night I quit around 5:30pm to go to a Jazz Band event at the High
School. We got back around 9pm and, of course, 10 was dead. So, I hooked up the
top 40 and played a bit there while NX5M played on 160.

I told myself that if I didn't get any LP on Sunday that I would hook 15 up and
play around there. Fortunately, I got some and the rest of Sunday morning was
good fun with EU. Glad to see 10 slowly coming back to life. The G run felt
like an RSGB contest!

I think I've done all the damage I can do with 10 for a while so it's on to 15.
Next up is WPX SSB and CW where we'll be doing Multi's of some sort as NX5M.

Thanks for the Q's and the fun.

Colin KU5B