[3830] ARRLDX SSB 9M6/VO1AU(@9M6LSC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VO1AU@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 9M6/VO1AU(@9M6LSC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:17:01 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 9M6/VO1AU
Operator(s): VO1AU
Station: 9M6LSC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sabah, Malaysia
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:   21     8
   40:   69    20
   20:  324    44
   15:  567    45
   10:    5     1
-------------------
Total:  986   118  Total Score = 349,044

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

QSL via VO1MX and LoTW.

This was a nice experience and a good warm-up for the Commonwealth Contest
(BERU) next weekend.

>From 9M6, Canada and the US are 12,000 to 14,000 km away, so the openings are
short and fleeting, clustered for the few hours before and after local sunrise
and sunset.  Conditions were great, and I was very pleased to work a few
stations on 10m.

Saturday night, I did get distracted for a couple of hours with a great 6m
opening to Japan and VK8.

I used the 9M6LSC club station near Kota Kinabulu.  This is a nicely-equipped
rent-a-shack at a modest beach resort on the South China Sea, however it is
somewhat lacking in creature comforts.  If you want to try a easy DXpedition,
this would be good choice.  Please see
http://www.apiapi-japan.com/new_radio/9m6_e.html .