[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0UK M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ukbrown@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0UK M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 16:21:13 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 24:02h
Radios: SO2R

  160:    3     3
   80:   40    22
   40:  157    53
   20:  174    73
   15:  309    88
   10:  109    33
-------------------
Total:  792   272  Total Score = 638

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Started on 10mtrs picking up South American stations then moved to 15mtrs and
ran a bit of JA but mostly S/P on SA and JA. Watching 10mtrs to see if VK/ZL
and maybe JA showing. Wasnt disappointed..
 20mtrs about the same. At this time the bands seemed to be punk with mostly SA
and JA but no real great runs on 20mtrs. Went to bed about 0400Z up at 0700Z for
the JA runs on 40mtrs. Had a discent run with and pickup mults on 80mtrs and
160mtrs. I should have watched 160mtrs more than I did. 20mtrs seem to start up
a bit early which I took as a good sign. Mostly SA and some EU over the pole.
Went to 15 and moved back and forth on 10/15/20. 1800Z had to sleep up at 2200Z
till about 0500Z and due to xyl complaining about the noise I didnt operate
saturday night. Up at 1200Z picking stations on 160/80/40. JA's finally started
to come in after sunrise here on the western slope. Heard W6's working stations
to the west that I couldnt hear from my qth.
 At 1400Z headed to church for worship team and not back on till 1800Z then on
off and on till the end.
 Great fun. With XYL helping on various items..KB0QAA watched the spots for
me..Great to not have neighbors calling due to LP. Hope to get one more
operator to do M/S from the Orchard Meas location..
 Great fun PTL bill K0UK