[3830] NCQP NC4KW(@N1LN) Club Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCQP NC4KW(@N1LN) Club Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:47:35 -0800
                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): N1YXU, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Club Mixed LP
QTH: Orange

   80:   99     58
   40:   92    102
   20:   83    170
   15:    1      1
   10:
--------------------

Club: North Carolina Kilo Watts

Comments:

Once again this year my wife, Laurie N1YXU, and I decided to enter in the Club
classification.  We had a fun time the first 3 years and this year was no
exception. When the starting gun went off, I started calling CQ on 20 SSB, but
as the rate was slow quickly moved to cw. Soon it was Lauries turn in the chair
and the rate went right up. You know, it is true that the female voice is worth
at least 5db of signal strength. We each would operate for about 1 hour and
then switch. After the first 4 hours our Q count was in the mid 300s. However
the rate started to slow down and the QRN started to come up. That storm coming
across the country was really causing some issues, but on we went for the full
10 hours. Laurie made most of the SSB Qs and I made the CW Qs and a few on
SSB.

When it was over the stats indicated we worked 44 countries, 51 states and
provinces and many DX countries, but only 1 counts for a mult. We never heard
or worked NI4BK and did not work any stations in Cherokee County, so missed out
on some of the bonus points.  Also, last year we had 23 Qs with mobiles.  This
year we had only 2.  Maybe we did not search and pounce enough or perhaps there
we fewer out there due to the high gas prices.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs.

Thanks to the Forsyth Amateur Radio Club for sponsoring the event.

73, NC4KW  North Carolina Kilo Watts
Bruce N1LN and Laurie N1YXU