[3830] CQ160 SSB VA6ZZZ Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va6zzz@mcsnet.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VA6ZZZ Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:08:45 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VA6ZZZ
Operator(s): VA6ZZZ
Station: VA6ZZZ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Alberta

Total:  QSOs = 207  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 2  Total Score = 48,450

Club: Saskatchewan Contest Club

Comments:

It all started as simply listening to the band in order to unwind from
travelling home from Saskatchewan for the weekend...before I knew it I had
configured N1MM and was hard at it (or maybe it was hardly!!)...whatever, as
usual the contesting bug had bitten again! It became obvious that the first
evening of the contest was the best for this latitude, next go around "diode"
propagation manifested itself (makes me wonder why I braved the cold in order
to get my inverted L tuned up)in any case it was fun trying to catch up to
VE6JY and VE6BBP's effort...next time,guys....almost made WAS in one
evening...no opening to Europe and I had missed any hope of working SA or the
Carribean...stations on the Eastern Seaboard are closer to EU than they are to
VE6...hmmmmm...
Great fun nontheless...thanks to all who worked me...73...Gerard VA6ZZZ/VE5FF