[3830] CQ160 CW K9MMS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9MMS Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:53:15 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 725  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 29  Total Score = 165,894

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3 + AL-811H (550 W) ; About even with S&P and CQs (55%).  Even with the K3
receiver, lost CQ frequencies several times due to other "encroachment."

Missed WAS by one - never heard ID.  Worked three KH6 stations and KL7RA.
Missed MB (heard once - VE4XC S&P and gone), LB, and NT/YT/NU.

Most EU signals were weak here.  Heard, but could not work, 10 more EU
countries.  Listened for VK/ZL and JA, but none heard.  It's been a while since
I worked them on 160.  Still need more 160m antenna improvements for DX, but
getting too old for winter antenna work.  Winter antenna work used to somewhat
be the norm for me when I was younger.  :)

Any 160 meter contest is always fun.  Thanks for the Qs and Ms.
73,
    Gary